DEATH & DEATH: Swedish Death Metal Hardcover / Choosing Death Death-luxe Set
In praise of death metal, we present this handy 7 lbs. (3.3 kg) set of mandatory deathly histories written by Bazillion Points authors Daniel Ekeroth and Albert Mudrian.
Book 1: SWEDISH DEATH METAL, by Daniel Ekeroth | Ltd. Hardcover Edition w/FREE woven patch
The ultimate blow-by-blow account of Sweden’s legendary death metal underground.
• ISBN 9780979616310
• 450 densely-illustrated pages
• Heavy-duty 130gsm paper
• Extensive 300pp history PLUS 150pp highly opinionated band encyclopedia, gallery, and fanzine bibliography
• Written by Daniel Ekeroth (of Insision, Tyrant, Dellamorte, Diskonto, Usurpress, Third Storm; and author of Violent Italy and Swedish Sensationsfilms)
Book of the Year 2008, Decibel Magazine
Starred Review/Pick of the Week, Publishers Weekly
The ultimate blow-by-blow account of Sweden’s legendary death metal underground, based on exclusive interviews with members of Nihilist/ Entombed, In Flames, At the Gates, Dismember, Grave, Hypocrisy, Opeth, Unleashed, Marduk, Morbid, Mob 47, Deranged, Edge of Sanity, Merciless, Therion, Liers in Wait, Carnage, Carcass, Tiamat/Treblinka, Afflicted, Repugnant, and the Haunted.
”Finally, the true story of Swedish death metal! This book brought me back to the good old days”—Tomas Lindberg, At the Gates
“Death metal ruled my adolescent years. The problem is I don’t remember half of it! This tome of dark recollections is the chance to set things straight.”—Nicke Andersson, Nihilist/Entombed/The Hellacopters
“Read this book if you are willing to be subjected to the story behind the extreme face-melting, flesh-ripping, ear-slaying, gut-blasting phenomenon known as Swedish death metal!”—Chris Reifert, Death/Autopsy
Book 2: CHOOSING DEATH: The Improbable History of Death Metal & Grindcore, by Albert Mudrian | Death-luxe Definitive Softcover
• ISBN 978-1-935950-16-5
• Forewords by Scott Carlson & John Peel
• Death-luxe softcover edition; revised and expanded by Bazillion Points
• 384 heavily illustrated pages plus 16pp full-color insert
• Dimensions: 6.75″ x 9.5″ (170mm x 240mm); 2.75 lb. (1.2 kg)
Death-luxe 2016 edition features:
• New introduction by Albert Mudrian
• New foreword by Scott Carlson of Repulsion
• Revised and expanded new chapters
• Brutal new 16-page color section featuring raw, bloody early photos of Death, Repulsion, Obituary, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Thanatos, At the Gates, Napalm Death, Carcass, Dismember, Nihilist, and many others
• Expanded Essential Discography
• Complete reformat for this larger, heavier 130gsm paper edition
“Albert Mudrian, our disciple of all that is heavy and extreme, definitively documents this period of blissful cacophony for all to behold. Play fast or die!”—Shane Embury, Napalm Death
“The most informed and comprehensive document on death metal…the ultimate overview of heavy metal’s ugliest, most obnoxious, bastard offspring.”—Terrorizer
“Mudrian, editor-in-chief of Decibel magazine, condenses painstaking and lengthy interviews to create this informative history of death metal, covering the genre’s origin in small clubs and basements on two continents.”—Publishers Weekly
“This is the Bible right here.”—Scott Hull, Pig Destroyer
Also available separately.